美国小学英语1
第11课 马戏团的小象

The Circus Elephant
马戏团的大象
Baby Elephant was not happy.
小象很不高兴。
"I don't like the circus," he said.“
我不喜欢马戏团,”他说。
"I don't want to put on a funny hat and do tricks for boys and girls.“
我不想戴上一顶滑稽的帽子,为男孩和女孩表演魔术。
I don't want to walk down town in the parade.
我不想在城里游行。
I don't want to stand here.
我不想站在这里。
I want something, he said.
我想要些东西,他说。
But I don't know what I want.
但我不知道我想要什么。
Soon every one in the circus began to get ready for the parade.
不久,马戏团的每个人都开始为游行做准备。
Then the big drum began to say:"Come, come! Come,come!
然后大鼓开始说:“来吧,来吧!来了,来了!
Baby Elephant said, "Now I know what I want. I want to run away.
小象说:“现在我知道我想要什么了。我想逃跑。
So Baby Elephant ran away from the circus.
所以小象从马戏团逃走了。
By and by Baby Elephant came to the big woods.
不久,小象来到了大森林里。
There he saw a gray squirrel.

在那里,他看到了一只灰色的松鼠。
"Hello," said Baby Elephant. This is a fine place to live.“
你好,”小象说。这是一个居住的好地方。
I think I will live here, too.
我想我也会住在这里。
The gray squirrel said, Then you will have to hide some nuts.
灰松鼠说:“那你就得藏一些坚果。”

You must get ready for winter.
你必须为冬天做好准备。
Soon the snow will come, and then you will find nothing to eat.
很快就会下雪,然后你就找不到吃的了。
Have you thought about that?
"你想过这个问题吗?”
Baby Elephant went on.
小象继续赶路。
Soon he came to a pony.

不久,他遇到一匹小马。
"Hello!" said Baby Elephant. What a fine place to live.
“你好!”小象说。多么适合居住的地方啊。
I am going to live here, too.
我也要住在这里。
Are you? asked the pony.
是吗?小马问道。

Then you will have to get ready for winter.
那你就得为冬天做准备了。
You must cut some grass.
你必须割些草。
"Why?" asked Baby Elephant.
“为什么?”小象问。
The pony said, There is nothing to eat here in the winter.
小马说:“冬天这里没有吃的了。”
Have you thought about that?
你想过吗?
Baby Elephant did not want to think about winter.
小象不想去想冬天。
So he went on and on.
所以他不停地说。
By and by he met a brown bear.
不久,他遇到了一只棕熊。

"Hello, "said the bear. "Did you come from a zoo?"
“你好,”熊说。“你是从动物园来的吗?”
"Oh,no," said Baby Elephant. I ran away from the circus.“
”哦,不,”小象说。我从马戏团跑了出来。
I am going to live in the woods.
我要住在树林里。
"Well,well!" said the bear.
“好吧,好吧!”熊说。
You will have to dig a big hole.
你得挖个大洞。
"The snow will come very soon"' said the bear.
“雪很快就会来的”熊说。
Then there will be nothing to eat in the woods.
然后森林里就没有东西吃了。
So you must sleep all winter in a big hole.
所以你必须在一个大洞里睡整个冬天。
Have you thought about that.
你想过吗?

"This is not a good place to live," thought Baby Elephant.
“这不是一个居住的好地方,”小象想。
I don't want to cut grass.
我不想割草。
I don't like nuts, and I don't want to sleep in a hole all winter.
我不喜欢坚果,我也不想整个冬天都睡在洞里。
Just then he heard the big drum say, Come,come! Come,come!
就在这时,他听到大鼓在说:来吧,来吧!来了,来了!
Baby Elephant began to run back to the circus as fast as he could go.
小象开始以最快的速度跑回马戏团。
He was just in time for the parade.
他正好赶上游行。
评论列表